Monday, November 12, 2007

The choices omg the choices.

So now that I've finally decided on what type of diaper I'd like to use (one size pocket, with some prefolds/cheap fitteds/covers thrown in too probably), now I need to actually pick a brand. Do you know how damn many BRANDS of these things there are?

Baby Kangas, BumGenius! 2.0, Haute Pockets, Happy Heiny's One-size, Mommy's Touch, Blueberries (weird freaking diaper name no??)...that's probably just the tip of the iceberg too. I've spent many a morning zoning and drooling at the computer screen trying to figure out which ones would work best, and every. single. time. I think I might have it down, I change my mind. And while I know I could logically get a few of each it doesn't save money to do that (usually the minimum to save money is buying 6+), and then I worry that if I don't like a particular one it won't ever get used and it will be a waste.

~Baby Kangas:
Pros: love the snaps, love the color choices, love the zipper on the outside of it to remove the stuffing.
Cons: Really expensive to buy inserts since they don't come with any, mixed reviews.

~BumGenius! 2.0:
Pros: Reviews said great fit, comes with insert for free, on sale (not at that site though)
Cons: The reason they're on sale is because people have been having trouble with the aplix, either leaking or the tabs not sticking well. Considering how many times I will be washing them I'm not sure that's so hot. Color selection is meh (I'm not sure why this is important btw it just IS.

~Haute Pockets:
Pros: they have a snap version!, two inserts included, good price, snaps can fit on a small baby (ds1 is small thinking ds 2 won't be much bigger since genetics and all of that).
Cons: colors = meh, snap version only goes to 30lbs not 35 (apparently they have new ones coming out that do though).

~Happy Heiny's OS Pockets:
Pros: Colors (drool), good reviews!, two inserts included with each diaper!, Decent volume discount though not the best.
Cons: That aplix again, I am so worried that crap will fail on me.

I'm not going to bother with the other two I'm not really considering them due to lack of availability (and not great reviews) on the mommy's touch and price of the bluberries. Do you see now why I'm losing my mind?

The ones I'm most leaning towards are the Kanga's and the Haute Pockets (despite the weight thing) and the Happy Heiny's. Now if only I could make a decision.

No comments: