Sunday, May 18, 2008

Deliver Me.

So I've watched this show on discovery health this season. Usually I'm very meh on birth related shows, but for some reason I am addicted to this one. Maybe because it irritates me a little?

Almost every episode they're inducing someone way early because they think the baby might be big, almost every birth is a c-section, and the latest episode when a new mom was in there saying that she's not getting much sleep because the baby wants to nurse all the time and the dr. suggested supplementing because 'he's a big baby and needs more milk' I wanted to smack her. Yes supplementing is a great way to make your supply go down.

I understand there are instances where really there are supply issues but I've never heard that getting up in the middle of the night with the baby who wants to eat (the 6 week old baby at that) is a cause for concern about supply. Ugh misinformation.

I still don't care about how anyone feeds their kid, I don't feel it's any of my business (and some of my best friends are formula feeders *snort* but really I formula fed my first), I just hate when medical professionals give out shoddy info, I think people have the right to be informed 100% and correctly at that before making decisions.

As a major downer apparently I contracted cellulitis somehow, my arm just looks lovely. I hope the antibiotics don't get us thrush, heading to the healthfood store tomorrow to look for probiotics.

No comments: