Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday

I should really be utilizing the child's nap to take a shower, or clean something but I'm just not feeling it at the moment. It could be because like clockwork my period showed up, so much for the hope of last month being a fluke. Fuck you Aunt Flo, you were supposed to stop while I'm nursing exclusively. I'm also wondering if it's time to purchase a new Diva Cup, it's been a few years, I'm not sure the actual shelf life on this thing. Oh yeah and my boobs hurt which has made nursing a kid who is maybe teething a blast.

Why is it that the first question people ask me is 'does he sleep through the night?' Sometimes I feel like they're just being mean to me. Of course he doesn't sleep through the night. My first didn't sleep through the night either despite formula feeding and starting solids at 4 mos old, so there. I don't remember people asking me that question at all when X was a baby, perhaps because they were too busy asking me if he was my little brother, or telling me that I was too young to have a baby.

This was a bad morning in general, X spilled an entire glass of milk, and not just spilled but dropped the full cup on the ground. Milk everywhere, including the bottom of my diaper bag. I could seriously just weep for the mess I cleaned up. My kingdom for a kitchen big enough to house a real table and chair set other than this bench thing, which is rickety and the child plays on.

We signed up for baseball yesterday, we'll see how that goes. He'll be the youngest on the team probably and most likely the smallest. He just reaches that age cut off for everything, which sort of sucks for some things. I will say that he's pretty sportsy so I'm sure he'll do fine. Outside the recreation dept. there was a guy handing out football flyers, he told me to make sure I sign up Xander for it in a few years. Yeah if he's 70 lbs by 5th grade I'll shit, lol. Now the baby has an entirely different physic he'll probably look more like a football player.

I guess it's time to get on with it, I have laundry to do floors to mop dishes to do and hopefully throwing in a walk with the baby since it's close to 50 and sunny.

No comments: