Thursday, January 17, 2008

I am typing with a small wiggly baby on my lap.

Just like usual. He will be 3 weeks old tomorrow unbelievably, where have these weeks gone? Seems like I just had him yesterday.

Nursing is still going great, I even got out my pump today and got a few ounces out of the boob that Trent wasn't nursing from at the last feeding. So far he's only had formula once and that was an emergency situation (I spent 7 hrs in the ER, so sorry over the top lactivist people I did not bring him with me so he could pick up RSV or pneumonia from all the sick people there). I have a shitload of similac sitting here and I don't want to use it, it makes his poop stink (from butter to rotten eggs with the formula, ick), and then I'd have to mix stuff and it would be annoying. But yeah I'd like to leave the house once in awhile so if I get a freezer stash and have Jeff start giving him bottles at a month old we'll be gravy I hope.

It's funny I never considered myself even remotely crunchy/hippielike etc, yet I'm slinging, cloth diapering and nursing. I initially started cd-ing to save money, after reading the horrid things in disposable diapers and the male infertility link *shivers* now I feel like I'm actually doing something other than just saving money. Plus why should people trust something that can sit on your kid for 5 hrs and they don't even feel wet from it? But yeah I'm still going to eat meat, and drink starbucks so that's where the crunchy ends.

My quick cloth diaper review consists of, I like fuzzibunz, a swaddlebees with a whisperwrap is a FANTASTIC nighttime dipe, and stay away from covers that have cotton on them unless you like changing whole outfits everytime your wee one wees. He is not big enough for his one sizes yet, and I found that I need more a stash of 20 should do pretty darn well. Plus I need covers, bummis and prowraps ONLY fuck the fancy ones, they just don't work cheap = good. I just bought some used WAHM AIOs we'll see how those are. In any event they were cheap.

And of course I'm still in love with his curly fuzzy little head. Seriously I could just stare at him for hours, and in fact I do at night which is why I get even less sleep than I should.

No comments: