Friday, January 25, 2008

All hail the paci!

I read a breastfeeding book when I was pregnant, and they had a whole section on the evils of artificial nipples. I gave the baby an artificial nipple, I am going to hell. After 2 hours straight (no I'm not kidding) on the boob, there was seriously nothing left so for 20 minutes he sucked a nuk. No I do not feel bad, I do feel bad that I bought the wrong kind initially (just like mom's breast my ASS). I would guess this means baby buddah is going to grow and get fatter <3. When we go to the Ped on the 4th I will be discussing the possibility of reflux, he's a puker, and sometimes he seems to just be in pain. Poor little dude. It doesn't seem to be affecting his weight gain or growth though or I'd be heading there immediately. I don't recall having this issue with X, but we had a whole other host of issues including the fun colic from hell.

My other kid (still weird to say other kid, I have 2 now jeebus), came home from school with this little packet about why we should thank the inventors of this or that. He wrote at the end that he would like to invent zip up shoes, so that he would never have to learn to tie his (yes I'm aware they do make shoes with zippers). That's my kid, too stubborn to learn to tie so he'd invent something new so he didn't have to, lol.

On the diaper front, I feel myself reaching more for the first diapers I bought, the prefolds, more than anything. I use them first then I exhaust my fuzzibunz supply. I do still like the FB but I find that we get more leaks with them. Cover over the prefold seems almost bulletproof. I like fitteds too but they're not as trim. I did just get 6 MEOS, I'm dying to dye them. I also discovered the Nikky diaper cover. Holy shit this thing is amazing, it's 100% cotton but has some sort of waterproof thing in it, light, trim, breathable and it doesn't leak. I need to get one in a bigger size.

Right now I'm needing/wanting 3 more OS AIOs, 1 dozen premium prefolds (am also considering another dozen infant prefolds but we'll see), 5-6 one size wonderwraps, another Nikky, and maybe some prowraps or something. That really ought to take me through potty training, I also want to get some pins, for when Trenty is moving around, I'm pretty sure the snappi will get yoinked right off. And babylegs. And I think I'm scary obsessed.

No comments: