Saturday, February 23, 2008

not enough time

I can always think of 10 million things I want to blog about when I'm laying in bed trying to sleep but then when I sit here, it's blank.

Well I guess I can bitch about big kid's school. This week has been awash with issues.

Lets start with the school concert. I got a note home with no less than 10 things they wanted me to bring in for costumes, one of them being a kimono (yeah let me just run to my local kimono store and grab one!) and a martial arts outfit. A.)They are putting on a 45 minute show and they're going to change clothes 2-3 times? I don't think so. B.) I do not live in a wealthy area, I live in a blue collar city where most people would not have the funds to drop $100 for a child's concert at the drop of a hat. When I sent in a note to my son's teacher about all of that she didn't even get it. They did remedy it by saying they could wear their school uniforms to preform in to make it easier. It's obvious they don't think things through there at all when it comes to stuff like this. It's not the first time I've been very whatthefuck about stuff in regards to certain things.

My second issue this week is with the school sponsored Tae Kwon Do class. For $20 my kiddo gets half an hour of instruction after school every Tuesday. It's a fabulous deal but get this I'm not allowed to watch him unless I get there at 3pm to help. The instructor doesn't want parents there, um okay. I guess I'll pay a lot more for the privilege of being able to watch him in May when I sign him up at the ymca's.

The baby is getting big, we're almost out of ever 0-3 month thing he's got. He's smiling like crazy and is so so cute, he's like our little family mascot. I can't believe I said I didn't want anymore children all those years, this little dude has brought so much joy to our house.

No comments: